The Central Election Commission resolved on Jan. 16, 2018 that the nine-in-one local elections will be held on Nov. 24 this year. The public officials that will be elected include mayors, municipal councilors, county magistrates (city mayors), county (city) councilors, chiefs of indigenous districts in municipalities, councilors of indigenous districts in municipalities, township chiefs, township councilors, and chiefs of villages (borough).
The procedure for the elections is as follows:
(1) August 16, 2018 Election announcement
(2) August 27 to August 31, 2018 Candidate registration
(3) November 9 to November 23, 2018 Public forum for the election of mayors
(4) November 14 to November 23, 2018 Public forum for the elections of municipal councilors, county magistrates (city mayors), and county (city) councilors.
(5) November 24, 2018 Polling and vote counting
30, 2018 Electee list announcement